Next to the sides, desserts are the most important part of a holiday dinner. We love setting up a whole dessert table for guests to pick through the bites that entice them the most. When they’re made with whole foods and natural sweeteners, even better!
1 hour 10 ingredients 8 servings
- 2 Apple (cored and sliced)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (divided)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour (or 1 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 3/4 cup Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Coconut Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Place coconut oil in freezer to chill.
- Add apples, 1/3 of the maple syrup, coconut flour and applesauce to a medium bowl and toss until coated. Set aside while you make the crust.
- Add the oat flour, oats, the remaining 2/3 of the maple syrup, baking powder and sea salt to a different bowl and stir until combined.
- Remove coconut oil from the freezer and add to mixture. Use your fingers to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Remove a 1/3 of the crumbs for the topping and pour the remaining crumbs into the bottom of a tart pan or pie dish. Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Pour the apples over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 min or until the crust is lightly brown. Check at 20 to 30 minutes if the tart is getting too brown. If so, tent with foil to prevent burning.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with coconut ice cream.
Pistachio Pomegranate Bark
30 minutes 4 ingredients 4 servings
7 1/16 ozs Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
1/2 cup Pistachios (shelled and chopped)
1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare the pomegranate seeds, pistachios and coconut flakes in bowls.
- Fill one large pot with water and place a smaller pot inside. Bring to a boil then reduce to lowest heat. Ensure no water is able to escape into the smaller pot! Break the dark chocolate into pieces and add it to the smaller pot. Stir continuously just until melted. Remove from stove top immediately once melted. Do not overheat as this will cause the chocolate to get lumpy.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet. Use a spatula to smooth the chocolate into an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick. Quickly sprinkle the pomegranate seeds evenly over top, followed by the pistachios and finally the coconut. Transfer to the fridge or freezer and let chill for 20 to 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Once the chocolate is firm, break or cut it into pieces. Enjoy!
Pecan Pie Squares
35 minutes 5 ingredients 16 servings
2 cups Pitted Dates (divided)
1 1/2 cups Cashews (soaked for 1 hour and drained)
1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
3/4 cup Water
2 cups Pecans
- Create the crust by combining half of the dates and all of the cashews and coconut flakes together in a food processor. Process until a thick, evenly distributed mixture forms.
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Press the crust mixture down evenly into the dish. Take some time to really pack it in there so the crust doesn’t crumble.
- Take the remaining dates and finely chop them into pieces. Place chopped dates in a saucepan with the water. Place over medium-low heat and stir continuously until a thick gooey mixture forms. Remove from heat and stir in about 3/4 of the pecans. Then transfer mix into the baking dish over top of the crust. Press the remaining pecans evenly into the top to make it pretty.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before lifting the parchment paper out of the dish and cutting into squares. Enjoy!